2018 is right around the corner, which means it’s time to look back at what last year brought us, and the marketing trends for 2018 that are in store for us.
A lot has changed in marketing in 2017…
And so much more is going to change next year…
As you know, a huge part of marketing is staying one step ahead of your competitors, staying ahead of your customer needs, and discovering the best place to grow your business.
We’ve put together a list of the 18 marketing trends for 2018 that we here at Brandetize think will impact your business the most.
Master the Micro Moments to Get in Front of Your Customers
1. Cell Phones will Continue to Dominate. Everyone’s cell phones are with them at all times. Think about how Google and Amazon are always there when you need them. You should strive to get in front of your customers in this way as well.
2. Useful, quick, One-Touch Access to Information. This will become the basis of acquiring customer trust and building long-lasting relationships.
3. Geofencing and Location Targeting. With 75 mobile sessions per user per day, it’s important to target your customers when they are in certain locations, and store fronts.
4. The Rise of the Chat Bots and AI. Continued development in technology will allow marketing strategies and customer support to be relevant, immediate, and timely.
Video Becomes More Important Than Ever (Lights, Camera, Take Action)
5. Have Short Explainer Videos On Your Websites. Short, straightforward videos that explain your company, service or product – people are 4X more likely to watch these than read the text on the page.
6. Use Mobile Video to Your Advantage. Video views on phones and tablets are expected to grow by 25%. 8 billion videos are watched each day on Facebook alone, most of these are on smartphones. The average viewer is expected to watch 36 minutes of online video per day on a mobile device, as opposed to half as much — roughly 19 minutes — on a computer.
7. Live streaming & Live Video. Video streaming accounted for 75% of the online traffic and it’s been found that people will watch a live video 3x longer than a prerecorded video. This will continue to rise in 2018.
Foster a Community Through Influence
8. Customer Loyalty. Customer service is more important than ever. If you treat your customers right, he/she will spread word of your brand and product #freeadvertising.
9. Hire an Influencer. Pay brand ambassadors or popular social profiles (such as celebrities, artists, bloggers, or YouTube sensations) to promote your products.
10. Micro Influencers. These are digital influencers with a total audience size of between 1,000 and 100,000 followers. Micro influencers are 4x more likely to get a comment on a post than are macro-influencers. Micro-influencers are more likely to post niche topics and have loyal followings that share their passion.
11. Support and Giveback. Take care of those who take care of you – give your customers, influencers and ambassadors free stuff, incentives, behind the scenes exclusive content, or early access
(Blog) Content is Still King in 2018
12. SEO. This continues to be one of the best growth hacking strategies around. Don’t take it for granted.
13. More Blogs = More Money. Companies will take further control of their content in 2018 by creating their own blogs, featuring more customer stories and featured guest posts. Businesses will want to hire more content writers and developers
Native Ads Will Win Out Over Intrusive Popups
14. Say goodbye to Pop-Ups. As Google continues to crack down on the mobile browsing experience and people continue to complain about pop-ups and intrusive ads, native ads become more necessary on your webpage.
15. Optimize Your Content. CTR rates for premium native ads on mobile devices were four times higher, than the count of non-native display ads. Native ads see better engagement rates on tablets and smartphones as compared to desktop systems.
Building Private Networks for Your Following
16. Private Messages. Postings on Messenger, WhatsApp, and Snapchat have exceeded what’s being posted on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter and will continue to grow.
17. Connecting One on One. People desire more intimate, private conversations rather than public commentary. Look for more discussions to take place in PMs.
18. Disappearing Content. Videos vanishing make the content have more weight, urgency and intimacy.
What are your marketing trends and predictions that you’re seeing for 2018? Let us know in the comments. Feel free to sign up for our newsletter for the latest marketing news and tools in the industry from the button below.