Brandetize is a “people-first” environment that focuses on a positive work energy. Our core values are the principles we live by and we have a transparent community that encourages your opinions, ideas, and feedback in every situation. We build and promote only brands and clients that we are proud of and believe in.
We believe in supporting our determined and motivated staff and we place a lot of trust our team to help run the clients’ businesses successfully and fearlessly. At Brandetize, we have a saying - “you win or you learn”.
This role requires several years of experience leading projects, providing strategic direction, and working closely with support teams to implement tactics that increase organic traffic.
The ideal candidate will have an eye for spotting search engine optimization opportunities that can be tied to revenue and has a passion for data with the ability to make informed recommendations based on the analysis.
- Build and execute SEO strategies to drive organic growth in accordance with client goals with the ability to tie outcomes to campaigns and measure the impact
- Conduct in-depth content gap analyses, competitive and audience analysis, keyword research, and SERP landscape analysis
- Manage keyword research and analysis against avatar journeys to recommend innovative assets, content, and lead magnets
- Collaborate with Acquisition Channels to incorporate and measure search-centric strategies into PPC, Organic Social, Youtube Marketing, and more
- Proactively review technical SEO issues, monitor site health, and recommend fixes
- Manage off-page optimization projects (e.g. link-building)
- Represent SEO department to client
- Build and maintain an understanding of current topics in digital media, web analytics, data management, tools and technologies related to teams core responsibilities.
- Create data-driven insights to translate to internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree - preferably in marketing, communications or business administration
- 3+ years of experience as SEO lead, or similar role, across multiple verticals with a proven track record of success
- 3+ years of experience using Google Analytics and SEO tools, such as, Search Console, SEMRush, etc
- Experience performing keyword research for planning content throughout the customer buying cycle
- Proven marketing copywriting and SEO copywriting experience
- Extensive on-page and off-page optimization experience
- Agency experience preferred
- CTA optimization experience a plus
Skills & Background
- Attention to detail to deliver the best possible outcome
- Prioritizing and working on multiple projects at once
- The ability to work with limited direction and still execute well
- A desire to learn and challenge yourself to take on bigger more challenging projects
- Has an ownership mentality and can think creatively, clearly express ideas, push status-quo, and always ask ‘why’
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multitask multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Results-driven with the ability to represent data in various reports
- High-energy, team player who loves a challenge and constantly is working to improve themselves personally and professionally
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization
- Staying humble and leaving your ego at the door
- Competitive salary & annual bonus
- 401k retirement plan with employer match
- Full health benefits (including medical, dental, and vision care)
- Individual learning budget for growth & development courses and conferences
- Unlimited “Discretionary” Paid Time Off and flexible working hours
- Internal opportunities for employee advancement & growth
- Monthly fringe benefit stipend (choose fun perks like monthly coffee subscriptions, Netflix and more…)
- Monthly Fun Friday’s and Lunch & Learns to connect & grow with the team
- Annual company retreat and holiday party to celebrate
- A great flexible working space in San Diego next to Balboa park and remote work options available
- A team that works hard, has fun, and loves a challenge
- Clients that are dedicated to making a positive change in the world
Too often we talk ourselves out of exciting opportunities before we’ve even taken the first step. It’s easy to hold ourselves back and stick to what’s safe, but some of the best doors in life haven’t been opened yet. No matter where you come from, how you identify, or which path led you here today - you are welcome on our team.
If you read this job description and think “YES, this is what I have been waiting for”, then please take a leap of faith. We’re just as excited as you are! And remember, you’ll never know unless you apply. We can’t wait to hear from you. :)
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the phrase "SEO Manager Application" in the subject line of the email to be considered. Any submissions received without this term in the subject line will be automatically discarded.